Thursday, August 18, 2005

 

St. Vincent 1795

I have known for several years that there was some writing about the Caribs on St. Vincent in 1795 in the memoire that Alexandre Moreau De Jonnes wrote in 1858 but the translation I got had nothing in it. Recently I got a 1920 translation by General Arby that does. I've put those 5 chapters on my St. Vincent blog at
http://svgb.karleklund.net


It is a very exciting story. Almost too exciting to believe, but it makes sense and De Jonnes turned into a very respected scientist in his mature age. At worst it is like George Washington at Valley Forge--if it has been touched up for the sake of making it more interesting it is no worse than any other history. I think every Vincentian kid, especially young Vincentian girls, should read it; which is why I spent a fair amount of money to buy the book and why I put it on the internet.

Read it and see if you don't want to spread the word.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?